Reverend William P. Wolfe died Thursday, December 1, 2022. He was 78 years old.
Father William was ordained a priest for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles on May 23, 1970. While serving as a priest, these were his assignments:
- Associate Pastor, St. James Church, Redondo Beach
- Associate Secretary, Matrimonial Tribunal, Los Angeles
- Resident, Visitation Church, Los Angeles
- Defender of the Bond, Advocate, Auditor – Matrimonial Tribunal, Los Angeles
- Resident, St. Basil Church, Los Angeles
- Associate Director, Matrimonial Tribunal, Los Angeles
- Resident, Precious Blood Church, Los Angeles
- Resident, St. Thomas Aquinas Church, Monterey Park
- Resident, Incarnation Church, Glendale
- Administrator Pro-Tem, Good Shepherd Church, Beverly Hills
- Associate Pastor, St. Timothy Church, Los Angeles
- Associate Pastor, St. Paul of the Cross Church, La Mirada
- Pastor, St. Ambrose Church, West Hollywood
William "Bill" was born to Charles and Bridget "Polly" Wolfe on January 21, 1944, in Los Angeles. He was raised in View Park and attended Transfiguration, St. Bernadette, and Loyola Catholic schools. After high school, Bill felt called to the priesthood, and attended St. John Seminary College in Camarillo. He was ordained in 1970, and went on to receive a canon law degree from Catholic University in 1978.
Some of Bill's favorite moments were those involving his family and their special moments in the Catholic Church. He baptized his niece, nephews, great-niece, and great-nephew. He said the wedding Masses for his sisters and niece, and concelebrated at the first Communion and Confirmation Masses for each of his nephews and his niece.
Outside of the priesthood, Bill was an avid golfer, and enjoyed playing several times a week as a clergy member of the Wilshire Country Club. He loved the game and valued the companionship of his friends.
Bill was a devoted uncle, always willing to lend a listening ear, help with homework, or chauffeur when needed. He found joy in an excellent meal, cigars, chilled martinis, and a crossword puzzle.
Bill is survived by his sister, Maureen Binder (Donald), brother-in-law Stephen Holz, his niece and nephews: Michael Holz (Ivy), Anne Angelico (Andrew), and Matthew Holz (Sade), and his great-niece Caroline Angelico and great-nephew Henry Angelico. Bill is preceded in death by his parents, Charles and Polly, and his sister Therese Holz.
Funeral Mass will be held at Holy Cross Cemetery, 5835 W. Slauson Ave., Culver City, on Tuesday, Dec. 13, at 10 a.m., with internment to follow. A reception celebrating Bill's life will be held at Wilshire Country Club.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that loved ones make a donation to a charity of their choice.