Reverend Monsignor William J. Leser died Sunday, October 9, 2022. He was 85 years old.
Msgr. William was a native of Cleveland, Ohio, born in 1937. He studied for the priesthood at Saint John's Seminary and was ordained on May 1, 1963 for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. While serving as a priest, these were his assignments:
- Associate Pastor, St. Bede the Venerable Church, La Cañada Flintridge
- Associate Pastor, St. Charles Borromeo Church, North Hollywood
- Administrator Pro Tem, Associate Pastor, St. Bernard Church, Bellflower
- Associate Pastor, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, Downey
- Associate Pastor, St. Bernabas Church, Long Beach
- Pastor, St. Martha Church, Valinda
- Matrimonial Tribunal, Archdiocesan Catholic Center, Los Angeles
- Pastor, St. Jude Church, Westlake Village
He was named a Monsignor in 1992 and was also a chor-bishop of the Maronite Eparchy.
For over 50 years and in retirement he continued to assist in several parishes in Los Angeles as well as out of state visiting various Parishes and assuming pastoral duties when the regular pastor was away, including month-long stays in Mammoth, California.
Msgr. Leser was a member of the Knights of Columbus for 61 years, having joined in 1961. He was 4th Degree Knight as well as a Chaplain for the Knights.
In charity and kindness, please remember Msgr. William J. Leser in your Masses and prayers.
Services will be held on Nov. 1, 2022, at 11 a.m. at Our Lady of Mount Lebanon-St. Peter Cathedral (Maronite), 333 S. San Vicente Blvd., Los Angeles, and Nov. 7, 2022, at 10 a.m. at St. Jude the Apostle Church, 32032 W. Lindero Canyon, Westlake Village.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in Msgr. Leser’s honor to St. John’s Seminary, 5012 Seminary Rd., Camarillo, CA 93012.