Warning: Undefined variable $post in /var/www/angelusnews.com/wp-content/plugins/oxygen/component-framework/components/classes/code-block.class.php(133) : eval()'d code on line 49
Warning: Attempt to read property "ID" on null in /var/www/angelusnews.com/wp-content/plugins/oxygen/component-framework/components/classes/code-block.class.php(133) : eval()'d code on line 49
Posted 10/29/2019 until 1/15/2020
The Webmaster represents the Archbishop, the Archdiocese, and the Digital Office as instructed by the Chief Digital Officer in the management and maintenance of responsive sites and platforms connected to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. The Webmaster will also be responsible for supporting the Chief Digital Officer in implementing an enterprise web strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
Under General supervision by Chief Digital Officer:
- Generate and revise web pages/websites
- Regulate and manage access rights of different users on website
- Create and modify appearance and setting of site
- Lay out content on web pages.
- Test websites to see if there are any parts that are difficult to use and recommend changes
- Fix links that don't work and pictures that aren't appearing properly
- Decide how site's content will be delivered to the Internet
- Test different browsers and ensure people with different computer systems can access a website.
- Maintain site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
- Perform a variety of tasks as required
Education and Experience
- Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
- At least 2 years’ experience in web/mobile site development
- At least 2 years’ experience in marketing or creative production related field or;
- Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities required to complete tasks:
- Experience with design software – Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator
- Extensive knowledge of design principles/typography, the latest technology, and emerging trends
- Extensive knowledge of the wide spectrum of CMS options, their attributes and limitations
- Extensive knowledge and an intuitive understanding of UX design principles
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding and demonstration of UI best practices, mobile and mobile responsiveness.
- Strong understanding of maintenance and updating of WordPress CMS
- Understanding of Github, Bootstrap
- Maintain a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Creativity and latitude
- Strong creative and graphics skills, including a sense of layout, color, and use of space
- Developing and managing WordPress websites
- Strong interpersonal, writing, verbal, and communication skills
- Work well under pressure
- Work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Balance multiple projects and deliver against tight deadlines
- Manage multiple, competing priorities
- Learn and utilize new technology
- Utilize computer and office equipment
- Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Sit and/or stand for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
- Bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, walking, reaching, twisting, grasping, typing
- Office Environment
- Moderate noise levels
How to Apply
Interested candidates must fill out an application, which can be found on our website at: http://archla.org/employmentpdf
The completed application must be submitted, along with a resume to: [email protected]
Please submit the email with the following subject line:
Your First & Last Name, Position applying for, Location
3424 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90010
E-Mail: [email protected]